Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Shine a light

      Great Match today! It was a bit dramatic with all the penalties given, but United was the better side and came out on top. I was especially happy to see Valencia start and play well. I had almost forgotten how fast he was until today. He had no problem with either Wayne Bridge or Hitzlsperger. In fact, it looked effortless as he continuously breezed by them time and again. It's fantastic to have him back in the side.
      Rooney's hat trick was nice icing on the cake considering the season he has been having. His first two strikes were quality and his goal from the penalty spot was the crucial goal that gave United the lead. So, it is, for obvious reasons, good to see him playing with such confidence and scoring goals again. His little display on camera may cause problems with the FA, but it would be well worth it. Let's hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.
    Berbatov continues to amaze me. I'll admit that during his first season I was quick to be critical and call him lazy, but as usual Fergie was right.  So today I was definitely chuckling as he effortlessly controlled the ball along the pitch line inside the box. It's hilarious to me how nonchalant he is on the pitch. He might at first seem to look unenthusiastic or lazy but that is just his body language. Now I'll eat my words because he has one the most graceful touches in the game. He is also (although most dont notice) fantastic off the ball. His clever movement often creates large space which creates chance for his team mates.
                                                                ***
      I am really happy with the result on Saturday. With the exception of a few strange defensive errors United looked strong and confident. We can see the tiny light at the end of the tunnel. All United have to do is hold fast and keep playing. Lots of important games are coming up. The reds will have to keep it up if they want to see silverware at the end of the tunnel. I am pleased we are still firing away on three fronts. Let's hope it stays that way after the match at the bridge. After the last to matches against the Blues, I really want to see a win. Thats all for now. Get in there Reds and give to Chelsea tommorow!

No comments:

Post a Comment